Author Topic: June 8 2019  (Read 492 times)

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
June 8 2019
« on: June 08, 2019, 07:48:59 AM »
I have no idea what I've done since the last build.
I just went through the code and sorted some small issues I noted and am now waiting for a new list from Gent.

Even if we have a current issues list I'd have no idea where it's at so please point me to it.
I've long forgotten how to navigate this forum or what I was doing.

I do know I need to fix the loading/unloading of plugins (specifically the graphics plugin).

(I see the forums still have the issue with it eating new lines)

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
Re: June 8 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 12:42:08 PM »
I'm just going to use the same thread.

Small fixes, mostly usability related.

Rom directory use (Both use Last and setting your own) should work fully.
I had to do some tweaks for that.

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »
This is a bit stabler when it comes to handling plugins.

That said, it's revealed that I need to rework that section and it's something I'm going to try to put off for a good long while.

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:02:36 PM »
I noticed always on top was not being saved.

Next goal is to update zlib.
I ran into some issues last night when trying to do that but I'll try to muscle through them and have that done by the end of the week.

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »
Since Gent is pulling an Ice and not posting on the forums I took snippets from private convos (minus all the good stuff whip2 {}:{ whip) to post them here.

These tidbits along with updating zlib will be my to-do list and I'll ignore everything else until I finish.
Trust me that's for the best, if I start making random changes again things will go haywire on updates to our source control.

The only big issue I'm seeing at the moment is the adding/editing cheats as mentioned before
The miss numbering that some how results in cheats missing in the menu
And non options being assigned options etc
So although greyed out in the menu because of no last ?? The options are visible in both menu and file
So far no crashing on opening and ending emulation
Cheat search working superb except for the issue we know about where after a bit of scrolling to the bottom the dialog is grey and empty until scrolled up again
On a good note fek knows what you did but Super Mario (Spanish Translation) where it only once played the intro then nothing, it is now fully compatible
I forgot to add to that list the issue we know about that the cheat search is always in focus (On Top) which would be nice to either have an option or not in focus

Offline Gent

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
    • Project64 Website
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:17 AM »
Since Gent is pulling an Ice and not posting on the forums I took snippets from private convos (minus all the good stuff whip2 {}:{ whip ) to post them here.

These tidbits along with updating zlib will be my to-do list and I'll ignore everything else until I finish.
Trust me that's for the best, if I start making random changes again things will go haywire on updates to our source control.

The only big issue I'm seeing at the moment is the adding/editing cheats as mentioned before
The miss numbering that some how results in cheats missing in the menu
And non options being assigned options etc
So although greyed out in the menu because of no last ?? The options are visible in both menu and file
So far no crashing on opening and ending emulation
Cheat search working superb except for the issue we know about where after a bit of scrolling to the bottom the dialog is grey and empty until scrolled up again
On a good note fek knows what you did but Super Mario (Spanish Translation) where it only once played the intro then nothing, it is now fully compatible
I forgot to add to that list the issue we know about that the cheat search is always in focus (On Top) which would be nice to either have an option or not in focus
:-? Hey i have broadband again joo lol
But nice post  :-? ;;) :-[ I would have eventually posted Oi   jew my boy

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:06:19 AM »
Updated to the latest zlib.
There's some messages being thrown up on compile that I'll look at later but they may not be something I can readily fix.
It works though it's likely good for now.

If you've still got other VMs running let me know what this does Gent.
I'll see if I can dig up my laptop and run it on there to try the XP VM I have set up on that machine.

- Unrelated -
I see the forums still have that issue with it eating the newline/carriage return.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:20:27 AM by RadeonUser »

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »
I'm not sure when it happened but at some point this stopped working on Windows 98 SE.
That's probably the case for Windows ME as well.

It's just an oh well bit I'd say.
I can always make a custom build but who's still using that version of Windows these days?

Will spend some time programming today and updating here and there...
Hopefully I don't break XP support along the way on my quest to "Ensure this version doesn't stop working because it's using old things"

Offline MerleDan

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »
When is the best build coming up? Do you need testers?