Author Topic: Default Rom Selection and Rom Browser Fields  (Read 337 times)

Offline Gent

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
    • Project64 Website
Default Rom Selection and Rom Browser Fields
« on: July 20, 2011, 12:14:33 AM »
I would like to have Force Feedback to be a apart of the Default Rom Selection and Rom Browser Fields settings as it is a great source of infomation via the Rom Browser for games that have it supported.

Images 1 shows as it is now and image 2 is what i would like as default.

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
Re: Default Rom Selection and Rom Browser Fields
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:34:22 AM »
This was actually amazingly simple to do.
RomBrowser.c keeps the order, just look for the "ROMBROWSER_FIELDS RomBrowserFields[] =" line and look below it.
Everything that's declared in this array has the convention of Name to show, id, reference, width, reference 2 (I believe this is for the rom browser itself).
Simply change the id to whatever order you want.

In order to do the change you wanted I simply changed the "Force Feedback" one from -1 to 4, as in be displayed as the fifth item.
So that number is incrementing from 0 as first, 1 as next, and so forth...

Of course this won't be the default without the old values being reset in the registry first.

P.S.
This is unrelated to the change wanted in this post but it is necessary to type this somewhere.
From here on I will be using the naming convention of Project64_Release, Project64_Debug, and Project64_1.6.1 for the executable name,
In fact I've set up VS2010 to output the executable file to a folder where i can run either version without having duplicate files like the rdb, plugins, and so forth.
So Gent if you get an updated version of what I'm using it will now output to a folder above the current project's and create/use the folder PJ64_1.6.

Offline Gent

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
    • Project64 Website
Re: Default Rom Selection and Rom Browser Fields
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
Thank You Very Much Rad, This is perfect. I have added the RomBrowser.c to this thread for the changes.