Author Topic: CIC NUS 6105 Emulation  (Read 349 times)

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
CIC NUS 6105 Emulation
« on: July 16, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »
This version uses the work mentioned here to do away with the reliance of pif2.dat

We will have to decide what option to go with.
If there are no performance problems from using their work I believe this will be a nice addition to PJ64.

In theory this change only covers Banjo Tooie and Jet Force Gemini but who knows, there may be other odd games using the same chip.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:53:53 AM by RadeonUser »

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
Re: CIC NUS 6105 Emulation
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:55 AM »
I noticed a freeze earlier in the day when I gave this version a quick test on Banjo Tooie (U).
It was a frozen screen during one of the intros and the emulation itself had stopped.

Since then I've yet to get the same frozen screen but I have gotten a black screen on the intro transition with the counters still going wildly.
I'll need to make sure the game is fully playable with the change but it seems that the problem I'm running into is an instability with the core.
What makes it worse is that this game is slow on anything but Check Memory Advance and Register Caching so testing on Interpreter isn't really feasible.

I did find a slight oversight in the code I added so I'm updating the build above to reflect this change.

Offline Gent

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
    • Project64 Website
Re: CIC NUS 6105 Emulation
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »
I have been running BT all night while you was away Rad and i cant say i saw anything like this, neither did Witten? I have just downloaded the above and going to try now. I did however put the rsp into interp mode and then load BT to get this message.