Author Topic: March 16 2018  (Read 152 times)

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
March 16 2018
« on: March 16, 2018, 06:39:40 AM »
Managed to get a couple of tweaks in tonight (It's already the 16th! Yay! I need to get to bed)

I looked at TR64OGL full screen switching problem and I strongly suspect this is a failing on the plugin's switching back to windowed mode.
From what I can tell the plugin is told to switch to windowed mode and the plugin will restore the way the window looked before.
However, PJ64 also does this... or tries to.
There's a problem here with TR64OGL (From what I tested I could only get TR64OGL to behave like this) as I had to remove some of the times PJ64 attempts to restore the look of the window.

You'll also notice in previous builds the icon is missing when you go back to windowed mode.
I tried to fix that but only managed to get it working the first time you switch back to windowed mode from full screen.
Again, I could only see that in TR64OGL, all the other plugins I have (including some OpenGL) worked well.

The other issue I looked at was the frequency of saving the window position.
PJ64 used to do this on every move, I've changed it to only save that value on the application exiting.

I wanted to restore the speed to cheats as well but ran out of time.
I'm hoping this weekend will be a relaxed one so I can program some more.

So... basically.
TR64OGL won't go to a black screen that blocks seeing anything useful when doing fullscreen <-> window anymore, but I suspect TR64OGL is at fault here.
Less writes (So less cannot save settings prompts, hopefully...)

Offline RadeonUser

• PJ64 Dever
  • SuperFly Deving Guy
Re: March 16 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:43:19 PM »
Okay I tried to fix this but ran out of time.

First, back up the Project64.apps file as this seems to mess it up.

Go to Rom Settings then Rom Note and throw something in there and hit OK.
Go back and remove that Rom Note.
Is that 100% bringing up that permission denied prompt?